Saturday, August 14, 2010

Various and sundry musings on a midsummer afternoon




I think the progressive Insurance lady would be a lot sexier without those silly sneakers!

I think Calvin Klein is discontinuing my favorite pantyhose "Invisible Control". I can't find them in stores now, but "Bare Necessities" has them so I stocked up. I did the same tihng in January when it seemed that CVS was discontinuing hospital sized tabbed sanitary napkins. I ended up getting more than 40 packages of them!

Gotta love that crazy flight attendant!

I broke my own personal record this week at "Sephora" by spending more than $300 on makeup. It had been a while, but still this was a lot. I did get 4 hard to find "Make Up Forever" loose powders. And this is with any eye shadow. then I went to MAC!

The mineral eye shadow one can buy these days is really good, inexpensive and comes in amazing colors.

My goodness the economy makes for strange bedfellows. Not only do I get great service at places like Sephora or MAC, but everyone is a lot more flexible. I go to consignment stores from time to time. I almost never get used stuff, but they often have new things too. A few months ago I got great service at an upscale one in Wellesley Massachusetts. She took all my info, and called me last week to tell me a woman had just dropped off 2 new long gowns. I went in, tried them on, and got them!





1 comment:

  1. April, it's wonderful to see your Musings here - I've missed your thoughts and adventures on your webpage. Thanks for continuing the mission here.

    ReplyDelete