Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Dangers of Shopping




Goodness how I love to shop! For fans of my site, you know this. In fact now that I am not doing the site, I get emails all the time about my shopping updates.

There are a number of places that I personally believe were constructed for us part time girls. Shoe warehouse stores is one good example, Sephora Cosmetics is another. But it is hard to beat Outlet Malls. Yes I know a lot of the stuff in these sores was made specifically for the outlet stores. I know the deals aren’t always as good as they appear. Nevertheless there is something about an outlet malls, that give me confidence in shopping.

So July I went to an outlet mall about 30 miles from my home. It has been a while, I’ve been good! On a hot summer afternoon before a holiday I hoped it wouldn’t be too crowded, but I was wrong. Not that it mattered. I started at “Off Fifth” and got a pair of Betsey Johnson pumps. I had seen them few weeks before, and finally just went in and got them. Then I went to the Nine West shoe store and bought the gold shoes you see in the picture here—only $19.99!

In this mall there are 2 discount cosmetic stores, and one has Mac, Estee Lauder and more. I got lip pencils, new lipstick, eye makeup remover (I need gallons of this!). Off I went to the other discount cosmetics store where I got some LancĂ´me mascara, even more lipstick, and loose powder specially priced at $5.00. Now across the “street” to the Bali outlet, where I got two new longline bras, and some of my favorite Skimp Skamp panties.

The great thing is that no one seems to care that a man is buying this stuff. They just ring it up and go to the next person. I stop for a cold soda, then hit the Bebe outlet for jewelry. Unfortunately there was nothing there, but you can’t win ‘em al. Now to the Dress Barn, I need a top to go with my gold Capri pants, and I got this one on sale. The woman that was helping me was funny, she didn’t even bat and eyelash upon seeing all my bags. Then I found a great dress that I will wear as soon as I get shoes and a bag to match it.

So you may be thinking that the danger is in how much I was buying, right? Nope. As I was paying at Dress Barn I saw 2 women I know professionally. There was no way out and no excuse for me being there. I paid, got my stuff, and found the woman whoe helped me. I asked if they had a back door! Indeed they did, I got out, and remain undiscovered.

Despite this little setback—I had fun fun fun!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this look, definitely NOT your usual "maternal" style. Sounds like you had a lot of fun putting this outfit together. Hope to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your look here darling ! That Dress Barn blouse is heavenly, so sweet with the luscious tight gold capris.

    ReplyDelete